Frequently Asked Questions
Location and access to the Casa de la Moneda Museum
The Casa de la Moneda Museum is located at:
C/ Doctor Esquerdo, nº 36, 28009 Madrid
Telephone: 91 566 65 44
Fax: 91 566 68 09
Bus lines: 2, 28, 30, 56, 71, 143 and Circular line
Underground: O'Donnell (Line 6) - Goya (Lines 2 and 4)
Opening hours and fees
The Casa de la Moneda Museum is open to the public from Tuesday to Friday and from 10.00 a.m. to 5.30 p.m.; Saturdays, Sundays and holidays from 10.00 a.m. to 2.00 p.m. (closed on Mondays). Extended opening times for temporary exhibition from Tuesday to Friday until 8.00 p.m.; Saturdays, Sundays and holidays until 2.30 p.m.
Admission is free. Free guided visits for groups can be arranged by calling the Museum Info phone no. +34 91 566 65 54, or by contacting us at the following e-mail address: email@example.com
Visitors will be able to mint the Official Coin of the Museum (fees apply). Available Individual Audioguides and Wifimuseum (in English, Spanish and sign language).
Which kind of activities does the Casa de la Moneda Museum engage in?
The Casa de la Moneda Museum:
- Has 17 rooms dedicated to a Permanent Exhibition on the history, which, in fact, is the history of Spain through the money itself (coins, banknotes, stamped paper, lottery tickets, stamps).
- In the 4 rooms fitted out for that purpose, it hosts temporary exhibitions on works related to the FNMT-RCM (because of the range of topics or authors) or to the Museum itself (enlarging on the exhibits in any of their permanent rooms).
- It organises travelling shows.
- It participates in exhibitions, fairs and congresses (numismatic, philatelic and book-related, etc.).
- It arranges concerts of musical performances in the Auditorium.
- It organises painting and drawing competitions.
- It offers its Conference Rooms for corporate and business events.
Since 1951 the Museum has been collaborating with the Iberoamerican Society for Numismatic Studies in the publication of the most prestigious magazine in the Spanish language within the field of numismatic studies, namely the NVMISMA magazine. Additionally, it prepares an ongoing series of publications.
More information about Activities
What can be viewed in the Casa de la Moneda Museum?
By visiting the rooms, one may view important collections of coins, medals, postage stamps, banknotes, lottery tickets, stamped paper, and government paper as well as patterns, sketches, dies, plates for banknote and stamp printing, minting presses and tools.
More information about the Museum
What kind of items are on sale in the Museum Shop and what are the opening hours?
In the Casa de la Moneda Museum Shop visitors can enjoy the exclusive items produced by the FNMT-RCM in both the numismatic and Graphic Arts fields. It also sells different promotional items that may serve as a memento of your visit (collector coins, medals, engravings, watches, scarves, key rings, publications, etc.).
As an additional service, personalized products can be bought for company celebrations and engagements.
Order info: +34 91 566 67 92
Timetable: Week days: 10:00 a.m. 8:00 p.m.
Saturdays, Sundays and holidays: 10:00 a.m. 2:00 p.m.
Location: Doctor Esquerdo, 36. Tel. +34 91 566 65 42
More information about the Museum Shop